Sunday, January 18, 2015

After Divorce: Dreaming of Finding Love Again Someday

I play out the scenarios in my head at least once a day.  The day I will be somewhere and meet a man quite by chance.  That moment will be like being struck by lightening.  His smile and his energy will feel like being electrocuted (but gently, in a good way).  He will feel it too and it will be obvious.  He will say hi, and I will smile shyly.  We will chat a little both of us feeling that there is something going on here that we can not describe.  Our conversation will end and we will walk away from each other but then he will come up from behind me and say, "Can I get your number and take you out sometime?"  He won't waste anytime, he doesn't like to play games, he will call me within a couple of hours.  We will talk on the phone effortlessly for hours. We will laugh.  He will be witty, intelligent and funny.  We have so much in common.  He is an amazing listener and is fascinated by me.  I am like water to a man who is dying of dehydration, the more he has, the better he feels.  We make a date to meet for dinner in just 2 days time because neither of us can wait.  We meet at the restaurant.  He is a true gentleman, opening doors for me and pulling out my chair.  He is social and charming and charismatic.  He is tall and good looking and people notice him when he walks into a room.  The waitress is charmed by him and smiles at me as if to say, "what a wonderful couple".  She will ask us at the end of the night, how long we have been married.  We will tell her we just met, and this is our first date.  She can't believe it.  She knows that one day we will be back here celebrating this life changing night.  Dinner lasts for hours as the conversation flows so easily.  We both laugh a lot and it feels so good.  He makes me feel like I am the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.  He is intrigued by me.  We leave and grab some coffee then go sit outside somewhere because neither one of us wants this night or this feeling to ever end.  It has been so long since either one of us has felt this alive and this happy.  I never feel judged or insecure.  I don't have to do anything other than be myself.  We find ourselves telling our deepest secrets to each other.

Suddenly the future seems so bright.  I know I have met my destiny.  Suddenly all the pain of my past makes sense.  Everything I have survived has brought me to this point, to this man.  He will never lie to me, never hurt me, never keep secrets.  He will never cheat on me or even be tempted to.  I fulfill him in every way and everyday he can not believe how lucky he is.  He is so romantic.  He spoils me all the time.  He will always be my best friend, always support me.  He will never be unkind and never let anyone hurt me.  We will travel.  We will help each other achieve our dreams.  We will create bucket lists and work on checking off everything on them together.  Most of all we will laugh and love each other and our lives together.  He will love my kids as though they are his own and they will love him.  My kids love will the man that makes their mom so happy.

He is the true love of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment